|20||12||25||6||1 full egg||190|
Course: Appetizer, Salad, Snack, and Side
Diets: Keto, Gluten Free, Paleo, and Vegetarian
- 4–6 eggs
- 1 avocado
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, optional*
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- In a medium pot add eggs and cover with water until fully submerged.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cover for 12–13 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and, using a slotted spoon, gently place eggs in the bowl, allowing eggs to chill for 5 minutes.
- Remove outer casing from eggs and slice in half lengthwise, removing the yolk.
- Add the yolk, along with the avocado and spices to a bowl, mixing together until well combined.
- Add the mixture to the egg halves.
- Drizzle with lime juice and top with cilantro.
Avocado deviled eggs are a deliciously healthy option. One egg is about 78 calories and has a whopping 6.3 grams of protein, while one serving of avocado is packed with 113 calories, vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber and protein. That’s a lot for the little green fruit!
These healthy deviled eggs are vegetarian friendly, dairy-free and fit into Paleo and ketogenic diets. In other words, there’s no reason not to make them!